WATERLOO MINOR SOCCER CLUB
ANNE OBERHOLTZER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Waterloo Minor Soccer Club will offer two scholarship awards to members who have contributed to the success of the Waterloo Minor Soccer Club’s programs.
THE PURPOSE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP IS TO INVEST IN THE YOUTH OF OUR COMMUNITY AND IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE WHOLE PLAYER.
Two scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded annually. They will be awarded to two WMSC members prior to entering a post- secondary institution (University, College, or CEGEP) for the first time. Individuals already attending a post secondary Institution are not eligible.
The scholarship is open to any WMSC member in good standing(21 or under) who will be entering a post -secondary institution in 2013. Children of WMSC staff are not eligible.
Applicants must meet met the following criteria:
APPLICANTS MAY BE NOMINATED BY 2 MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING OF THE WATERLOO MINOR SOCCER CLUB
- Be 21 years of age or under in year of application
- Participation in WMSC’s programs at any level or any activity (i.e. player, referee, coach, manager) for a minimum of three consecutive years, be a member in good standing, and currently an active participant.
- Demonstrated leadership, good citizenship, character and volunteer participation in community activities in either soccer or other areas.
- Contributed to the success of Waterloo Minor Soccer Club programs.
- Demonstrated the principles of fair play throughout their WMSC Participation.
Nominations providing information of the candidates character, leadership and participation in Waterloo Minor Soccer must accompany the application form.
Application forms are available on-line (Word, PDF) or at the WMSC office.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: May 31, 2013
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE INFORMED BY: July 31th, 2013
- Cheques will be presented to the individual.
- A candidate may only receive one scholarship from the club
- Names and photographs of award winners may be used for promotional purposes. Please enclose a small photograph for this purpose.
- Finalists may be required to provide a short presentation to the Scholarship Selection Committee.