Travel Team Tryout Process
In 2008, WMSC changed the travel team selection procedures. These changes introduced a clearer, more streamlined selection process consistent with the club’s intention of improved competitive play at high levels. Coaches gained an opportunity to assess players on a full outdoor field and prepare for squad specific indoor training and competition.
Player Selection Process
Age group tryouts are conducted. There are no specific "A" or "B" or “C” team tryouts - only by age group and gender. All underage players may be subject to review and approval by WMSC Technical Coaches.
U13 – U18 age groups (2014):
U11 age group (2014):
- "A" teams will establish their roster by the end of October.
- "B" and "C" teams will be established if numbers warrant additional teams in the Fall tryouts.
- The "B" sides form after the "A" side is selected.
- Depending on the number of teams available in the age group, if a player is not selected for the A team, the player may try out for the B team; and if a player is not selected for the B team, he/she can try out for the C team. Players will not be permitted to solely try out for the B or C team.
Following the conclusion of the 4th outdoor tryout session, an initial pool of players will be selected by the technical coaches in collaboration with the appointed team Head Coaches. It is anticipated that further scheduled tryouts will continue until approximately the mid to late November timeframe. There will be TWO balanced A-teams, and one B team.
The players will be selected by the Head Coaches in collaboration with their assistants. The teams will be tiered as A, B, C (where sufficient numbers warrant additional teams in the age group).
Waterloo Minor Soccer Club: U10 Assessments for 2014 Outdoor Season
Sunday, September 22nd: AF2
- U10 Boys Assessments: 5:00 – 6:20 pm
- U10 Girls Assessments: 6:30 – 7:50 pm
Saturday, October 5th: AF2
- U10 Girls Assessments: 5:00 – 6:20 pm
- U10 Boys Assessments: 6:30 – 7:50 pm
- Continue to check the Club website for updates. Schedules are subject to change.
- Players are asked to arrive at the main canopy 20-30 minutes prior to the start of their session.
- To pre-register, please access the online registration form (Registration forms will also be available at the field.)
- There is a $5.00 non-refundable Tryout fee per participant for each tryout session payable at the field.
- Players must wear standard equipment: shorts, jersey, shin pads, outdoor shoes, sunscreen, and must bring water.
- All Players are asked to NOT wear their club jerseys.
- It is highly recommended that players try out for their own age group/birth year. (See below). Players who opt to try out solely for an older age group run the risk of not making a travel team. All underage players may be subject to review and approval by WMSC Technical Coaches.